December is a fun time of year because we get the opportunity to reflect on all that we’ve done in the last 12 months and look ahead to our plans for next year. This year, people around the world trusted Constant Technologies to provide them with top-tier centers for mission critical operations.
To celebrate our clients, team, and trusted tech providers, we are looking back at some of our biggest moments of 2019.
2019 brought with it a flood of projects, some big, some small. Every project is important to us, but a couple in particular stood out as particularly groundbreaking:
- The operations center space at Akamai’s new headquarters in Cambridge, MA features two command centers, the Network Operations Command Center (NOCC) and Broadcast Operations Command Center (BOCC).
- This year we completed the installation of Mission Control at AdventHealth in Orlando, FL in collaboration with our partners at GE Health. The control center allows workers at the hospital to anticipate needs ahead of time, crucial in the healthcare industry.
Media and Mentions
This year saw notable features in industry magazine lists as well as guest articles on relevant websites.
- Industry publication Commercial Integrator named Constant one of their fastest-growing AV integration firms this year, alongside 13 other firms.
- This year, Constant was listed as 32 on SCN’s list of Top 50 Systems Integrators, a significant jump from last year’s rank of 37.
- Constant contributed a guest post for Homeland Security Today about why security operations centers are necessary for strong cyber defense.
- An offshoot of parent site American Inno, Rhode Island Inno featured an Op-Ed from Constant about how startups can benefit from command centers.
Top Blog Performers
We continued our consistent cadence with once-a-week blog posts in 2019. And while it’s tough to pick favorites, here are some of our most-viewed blogs from this year:
- What NOC Managers Need to Know: The Next Generation NOC
- Video Wall Expertise is Critical in a Crowded Industry
- How Startups can Benefit from Command Centers
- LED/LCD Video Wall Comparison Infographic
- Constant Tech Builds Operations Center for New Akamai Headquarters
Worldwide Travel and Trade Show Attendance
Whether it’s for projects or meetings, travel is continuous here at Constant.
Here are just some of the locations we went this year for projects:
- The United Kingdom
- Costa Rica
We also attended several trade shows this year, whether to advertise our services or to continue growing our industry knowledge:
- Members of Constant’s marketing and executive teams attended eMerge Americas at the Miami Beach Convention Center in April. The event focused on tech and innovation.
- June 10-12 we attended NeoCon in Chicago to stay on top of commercial design trends.
- Constant representatives went to InfoComm June 12-14 in Orlando to meet with current vendors and to learn about new innovations in AV technology.
- We attended IACP, the annual conference for the International Association of Chiefs of Police, in October to exhibit alongside a technology vendor.
For the past several years, Constant has experienced incredible growth year over year. This year was no different – in fact, our growth this year was exponential, and we’re busier than ever before!
We couldn’t have gotten where we are without our people. So we’re investing right back into what’s allowed us to be such dedicated partners to our clients. This year we grew our workforce by over 40%.
In 2019, we also moved our service team to our demo space which has quickly become our Constant Command Center for service and support. Constant’s president Brad Righi said, “This was done for several reasons. One was to free up space for the hiring of technicians on our first level. Second it will allow us to utilize our operations center as a functioning command center. We will be using the area for tracking client service tickets and showing visibility into scheduling preventative maintenance visits. This will also create a true site tour experience for potential clients rather than a simple showroom.”
Looking Back on a Decade
As we reflect on the last year and close out 2019, we come to another realization – that this is not just the end of a year, but the end of an entire decade. We invite you to take a look at some images from the past decade to reminisce and see just how far we’ve come in the last 10 years.
To our clients, vendors, and friends: thank you for another great year (and decade)! We can’t wait to be a part of your 2020 and beyond.
Constant Technologies, Inc. provides AV integration for 24/7 video walls and custom operation center furniture. With 30+ years experience we can work with sensitive environments in the public and private sectors. Constant designs, installs and services projects of all scopes and sizes around the world. We create solutions with the highest levels of security, aesthetics and functionality in mind.