Ops Centers: Where to Start and How We Can Help
If you think you might be looking to build an ops center sometime in the future, it’s never too early in the process to start reviewing the overall goals.
Sometimes even getting to the point of a project where you know the requirements can take several conversations to fully understand the variables. Whether you have your requirements locked down or need some time to flesh them out, Constant can help no matter where you are in the process.
The discovery process can and should be thorough, as it uncovers the unique project goals and how those align with the budget, timeline, necessary functionality and desired aesthetics.
Here’s how Constant approaches the discovery process for building an operations center:
Understanding current status and determining goals
Our process starts with coming to an understanding of your current operational status and having discussions that determine and clearly define the goals for your new space. Some of the topics covered in this stage include:
- Will this be a refresh of an existing operations center location, or a build-out of a new space?
- What space are you considering for your operations center? We can help assess the space and see how it might line up with your objectives.
- How many operators do you plan to have in the space? With this information we also conduct an audit of the equipment at each operator position and can begin drafting layouts or the consoles in the room with proper line of sight to the video wall.
- What are the necessary content sources you plan to use for your video wall? We use this information to help determine the size and functionality of the video wall system. Discussion around the necessary sources also helps clarify which video wall components should be used and what budgetary options may look like.
- What elements do/should make up the space? We use the discovery process to understand elements of your ideal operational space including the need for collaboration areas, storage, rack location, spatial flow for tours, etc.
Conducting demos and/or site tours
A major part of the process of determining the right mission critical solution for you is to gather information on solutions and see examples of successful solutions.
Product demos are key to education on options for displays, processing, and control solutions – all important components of video wall systems that can be integrated by Constant. These components all vary in price based on functionality. We can walk you through all of your options to find the right solution based on your budget and requirements.
Sight tours are also a powerful tool to help you determine how you would like your operations center solution to look and function. Constant can bring you to recently completed sites where you can see the technology solutions in action and will have the opportunity for peer-to-peer discussions with teams that recently underwent a similar process. When it comes to solving pain points and building strong processes, no one has better insight on what works best on a practical level than your peers.
Providing deliverables that help you along the process
Throughout the discovery process, Constant provides you with multiple deliverables to help you visualize, define, and share your solution.
- Detailed design set: After initial discussions, our design team provides you with initial conceptual designs. These designs can then be further refined upon your feedback to maximize your space and align with your workflow.
- Full color renderings: We produce renderings that serve as detailed visualizations of the final design, including elements such as wall coloring and flooring as well as the finishes of your operations center furniture and lighting schematics. This visual tool can help you decide if any changes need to be made and allows decision makers to fully envision the end result.
- Budgetary assessment: Constant’s project proposals includes details on the video wall components, console furniture, project management, full A/V system and architectural documentation, freight, and installation by Constant’s experienced team. This often also includes spare parts and ongoing service and support.
We don’t associate any fees with the discovery process. Our goal at Constant is to assist you on the front end, knowing that you will see how we can guide you through the process from concept through completion as an involved partner. So don’t be afraid to reach out. Wherever you are in your project, we’re here to talk.
Contact us today to learn more about our operations center solutions.
Subscribe for company and industry updates.
Constant Technologies, Inc. provides AV integration for 24/7 video walls and custom operation center furniture. With 30+years experience we can work with sensitive environments in the public and private sectors. Constant designs and installs projects of all scopes and sizes around in the world. We also offer long-term service and support. We create solutions with the highest levels of security, aesthetics and functionality in mind.