How to Get the Most from Your Global Security Operations Center
Establishing a network of Global Security Operations Centers (GSOC) may be a significant investment, but planned correctly it is more than worth it. Having multiple GSOCs installed around the world keeps leaders and decision-makers at headquarters aware of events unfolding anywhere around the globe.
Within a global security operations center, operators strive to:
- Maintain continual awareness for all sites and assets of an organization across the globe
- Identify and monitor potential threats
- Share threat information with other GSOCs within the organization
- Use real-time data to mitigate risk
- Inform decision making
- Give a global view of operations
How to optimize operations:
- Because there is so much information that can be displayed on a security operations center video wall, it can be difficult to prioritize the information your operators should focus on. Before the start of operations in your new GSOC, establish your organization’s priorities; this will allow you to maintain attention to your mission objective.
- Continue to review and revise the strategic plans and goals for your GSOC as operations, priorities, and situations shift.
- Come up with a visual standard for your data wall display to allow for uniform data interaction across all GSOC locations. This ensures that any information shared between GSOC locations will be immediately understood, reducing reaction times. Constant Technologies has extensive experience in creating multinational operations centers built with similarities to facilitate collaboration between command centers all over the globe.
- Be aware of “cutting edge” vs “bleeding edge” technology. The most exciting new technology may not always be the best fit for your goals or budget. A systems integrator, such as Constant Technologies, can help you make an informed decision about any new technology installations. With our help, you will choose technology that best aligns with your goals and should still prove relevant a few years down the line.
- It is vital to be aware of the fact that the process of creating a successful GSOC is not just construction and integration but also the hiring of skilled operators who are a good fit for your environment. GSOC operators should be prepared to effectively manage your integrated systems and maintain optimal performance.
- Continually work toward improving your processes. Keep feedback lines open and integrate any necessary changes into your strategic plans.
With over 30 years in business, Constant has valuable knowledge in GSOC construction all over the globe. From your security operation center video wall to custom security operations center consoles, Constant can provide critical elements for your command center design. As mission critical AV integrators, Constant can pick and choose from among the best technology to give you an audiovisual setup that best complements your operation and will have longevity despite 24/7 use. Our design consultation is free; contact us today to begin your multinational project.
Constant Technologies, Inc. is a premier mission critical audiovisual integrator providing custom operations center video wall integration and collaborative furniture solutions across the globe. With decades of experience, Constant’s team has access to and experience with sensitive environments in both government and corporate industries. Constant designs, installs and services projects of varying scopes to create command center furniture and video wall solutions with the highest standards of quality and aesthetics. Our team works within a range of environments such as Network Operations Centers (NOC), Security Operations Centers (SOC), Cybersecurity Operations Centers, Emergency Operations Centers (EOC), Unified Command Center (UCC), Remote Operations Centers (ROC), and other mission critical spaces.
March 7, 2018