The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has forced emergency operations centers to deal with a converging crisis. While still dealing with standard EOC events, they now must also deal with the restrictions of coronavirus on top of that. Our recent experience with the pandemic has shown that to future-proof emergency operations, we need to prepare for the unexpected.
For successful coinciding incident control, your EOC needs to be dynamic in its function and behavior. Years of experience providing emergency operations centers for clients has given us insight into the ways the industry can effectively innovate.
The ideal model for an ops center provides decision makers with a 360 degree view: the global common operating picture.
Components of a dynamic, future-proof emergency operations center
A future-proof operations center that is ready to handle converging crises features elements such as:
- Simplified user controls for ease of use by various operators
- User interface that allows for quick shift of focus
- Ease of interaction with first responders in the field
- A common global operating picture
- Support for converging departments (for example, a 911 dispatch center and the emergency operations center)
- A large video wall with the space to display multiple kinds of data
- The ability to share video wall content remotely
In addition to the components above, there are also elements of an operations center that can be shifted to support social distancing during the current pandemic. These design choices not only keep operators safe in the current pandemic, but can be implemented to future-proof operations centers. These include:
- A display wall that’s large enough to be visible from all positions in the room
- Integrated partitions between users
- Breakout rooms where operators can isolate during the pandemic and collaborate during healthier times.
Constant’s future-proof EOCs
In addition to dynamic operations center design, Constant Technologies offers expert, vendor-agnostic integration. We will work with you and your team to determine the key components of your video wall system, which include the video wall, video wall processor, and user interface. We integrate products that allow you to stream web content and share content from various devices so that your team can be quickly oriented for decision making. A dynamic operations center allows your team to bridge content together across various platforms and physical locations.
To learn more about how we can help you create an operations center built to handle converging crises, contact us today.
Constant Technologies, Inc. provides AV integration for 24/7 video walls and custom operation center furniture. With 30+ years of experience, we can work with sensitive environments in the public and private sectors. Constant designs and installs projects of all scopes and sizes around the world. We also offer long-term service and support. We create solutions with the highest levels of security, aesthetics and functionality in mind.