In collaboration with our partners at GE Health, Constant Technologies recently completed the installation of Mission Control at AdventHealth in Florida.
The control center allows workers at the hospital to predict needs ahead of time. This means operators can adjust staffing and other resources as necessary to make more timely care decisions for patients. Dr. Sanjay Pattani, Executive Medical Director of Mission Control, said “the goal of Mission Control is to give each patient more efficient care.”
By the numbers, Advent Health Mission Control is impressive. It is the nation’s largest healthcare command center, at over 12,500 square feet with 78 workstations that were designed, built, and installed by Constant Technologies. Currently there are 50 team members on staff, with the available capacity to grow. Mission Control is built to evolve as the system and the needs of the hospital change and progress.
The 60 tile monitors that make up the video wall, integrated by Constant, take in 500k messages per day. Mission control covers the operations of 9 campuses of the hospital system with 3,200 total beds. Dispatch alone averages 107 trips per day, including 2 flights per day. Overall, Mission Control will allow Advent Health to optimize information to place 425,000 patient movements per year.
The real time data displayed on the video walls in Mission Control allows insight into helicopter dispatch, emergency rooms, inpatient care environments, and more, using artificial intelligence and machine learning to understand patterns and dynamics ahead of time. This allows for better preparation all across the board, resulting in shorter wait times, improved clinical care, and more informed decision making.
Mission Control is operated by personnel from a number of existing teams as well as new roles that were created just for this purpose. Some of these teams include:
- Clinical Admission Status Team, which provides an initial clinical review of all Emergency Department admissions
- Centralized Patient Placement, which coordinates all IP bed assignments for the system
- Behavioral Health, which is responsible for coordinating all behavioral health placements
- Clinical expeditors, a new role created to remove delays and expedite processes using the data from the video wall displays
- Transport/Environmental Services, which prioritizes and focuses on the efficiency of transport and EVs
- Transfer center, which coordinates all internal/external transfer requests
- Central Direct Admit Team, which manages all same day direct admit requests
- Patient Financial Services, which initiates and coordinates all financial clearance
- Children’s Placement and Dispatch, which manages placement, transfers, and dispatch for pediatric patients
- Flight and Dispatch, which manages helicopter and EMS fleet to transport patients
- Mission Control Support Services, which coordinates process improvement, quality, analytics, and education.
Said Pattani, “We are automating and streamlining a lot of processes for our patients to make it a more ‘whole care’ experience. We’re making it easy. And that’s the key.”
Just as Mission Control is “making it easy” for Advent Health patients, Constant Technologies aims to make command center projects easy for our clients by providing turnkey solutions, project management, and guidance every step of the way. Constant’s team provides everything from design consultation to installation and service for the video wall integration and console furniture solutions. For a complete command center solution, there’s no one like Constant Technologies.
If you would like to learn more about what Constant can do for you and your upcoming projects, contact us today.
Constant Technologies, Inc. provides AV integration for 24/7 video walls and custom operation center furniture. With 30+ years experience we can work with sensitive environments in the public and private sectors. Constant designs, installs and services projects of all scopes and sizes around the world. We create solutions with the highest levels of security, aesthetics and functionality in mind.