Downtime may be costly, but maintaining 24/7 operations can be too. In 2014, data centers in the United States alone consumed about 70 billion kilowatt hours. The high amount of energy consumption required for 24/7 video walls and other command center components can take a toll not only on your budget but also on the environment. In mission critical environments, however, simply turning everything "off" is not an option. Many types of services must run continually in order to serve the community, from network operations to security and emergency operations. Finding a green solution for operation centers is a wise choice that benefits not only the environment but can help your organization meet other goals as well.
Operations centers with green initiatives, in addition to having a lesser impact on the environment, offer significant benefits:
- Green initiatives cut down on operating costs for your command center installation, allowing you to reallocate your budget to use the money you save elsewhere.
- Going green increases the resiliency of your operations -- more sustainable operations allow you to more easily accommodate future growth.
- The efforts involved in going green encourage efficiency and reduction of waste in all your processes, allowing your team to focus on the most important components of your operation.
- Taking a stand for the environment improves your brand value, especially as the movement toward sustainability only continues to grow.
Constant Technologies understands the importance of meeting environmental goals and knows the difficulties many organizations face trying to reconcile rigorous, 24/7 operations requirements with green objectives. With decades of experience in a range of mission critical environments, Constant is dedicated to helping you reach your environmentally-friendly goals while also maintaining top-tier functionality and aesthetics in your NOC Design.
Constant can help you go green:
- If your organization plans to achieve LEED Certification, Constant has experience with the multiple factors and processes involved in ensuring that your operations center meets the qualifications. Documentation is vital to the LEED Certification process, and Constant can work with vendors to track materials and products used all the way from sourcing to installation completion.
- From design to logistics, Constant plans out every detail of your project before beginning the installation process. Meticulous planning of all components prior to the beginning of your project reduces waste.
- Constant offers custom-made command center furniture that can be designed for your space using ecologically-conscious materials. For example, Constant's command center desks can be made with recycled materials and low VOC (volatile organic compound) laminates. In addition, slatwall that is added to command center consoles can be made from 100% recyclable materials.
- As AV systems integrators, Constant can choose from among the most reliable and sustainable products available on the market for your video wall integration. Constant collaborates closely with AV companies such as Planar who work diligently to replace mercury-containing lamps with LED illumination. Whether your organization decides that to install a LED video wall or LCD display wall, Constant will help determine the brand and model that best suits both your environmental and operational goals.
- At Constant we are dedicated to crafting high-quality operations center furniture and using only top of the line audiovisual components. Our quality-conscious installations are built to last and reduce the frequency of future updates and waste.
No matter the specific goals your organization has for implementing green initiatives, Constant Technologies is here to help and give expert advice every step of the way of your control room design. We offer free design consultation based on your unique floorplan; contact us today to begin your green operations center project.
Constant Technologies, Inc. is a premier mission critical audiovisual
integrator providing custom operations center video wall integration and
collaborative furniture solutions across the globe. With decades of
experience, Constant's team has access to and experience with sensitive
environments in both government and corporate industries. Constant
designs, installs and services projects of varying scopes to create
command center furniture and video wall solutions with the highest
standards of quality and aesthetics. Our team works within a range of
environments such as Network Operations Centers (NOC), Security
Operations Centers (SOC), Cybersecurity Operations Centers, Emergency
Operations Centers (EOC), Unified Command Center (UCC), Remote
Operations Centers (ROC), and other mission critical spaces.